Recruitment in France
Published on : 01/04/2022 01 April Apr 04 2022
- Focus on concrete tasks and consider which role requirements are essential and which ones are desirable;
- Avoid gender specific language and references to subjective “values” or behaviours;
Application process (including interviews)
- Ensure that the application process is fair and accessible to all candidates / prospective candidates;
- Ensure that there are at least 2 individuals involved in the selection and decision making process;
- Ask questions pertaining to private life, sexual orientations, religion, trade unions activities, health issues, financial issues, etc. Only questions which facilitates the assessment of their professional skills with regards to the offered position may be asked;
- Make assumptions about the reasonable adjustments of a disabled person’s application and their ability to perform effectively in the role. If a disabled applicant seems qualified, they should be offered an interview to clarify the question of reasonable adjustments;
- Be transparent with the candidate regarding the background check purpose, methodology and content;
- Focus on the objective assement criteria such as, the authenticity of diplomas and statements, including the professional experience mentioned in the resume;
- Ask for the full criminal record of the individual as this is not allowed, except for the specific entities such as the security ones;
- Use information relating to the employee’s private life even if it is publicly available on social media profiles.
Paid leave in France
Published on : 04/07/2023 04 July Jul 07 2023Newsletter / Do’s and Dont’sDO The employee is entitled to two and a half working days' leave for eac...
Published on : 10/01/2023 10 January Jan 01 2023Newsletter / Do’s and Dont’sDO - Expressly provide for the trial period in the employment contract: in...
Published on : 04/10/2022 04 October Oct 10 2022Newsletter / Do’s and Dont’sUsing an independent contractor requires great care to avoid the reclassifica...
Published on : 04/07/2022 04 July Jul 07 2022Newsletter / Do’s and Dont’sBefore introducing a non-compete clause DO: keep in mind that non-compete...
Recruitment in France
Published on : 01/04/2022 01 April Apr 04 2022Newsletter / Do’s and Dont’sJob description DO: - Focus on concrete tasks and consider which role r...
Published on : 31/12/2021 31 December Dec 12 2021Newsletter / Do’s and Dont’sFrench companies rarely have a detailed disciplinary procedure. This is becau...
Navigating pandemic rules in the autumn
Published on : 30/09/2021 30 September Sep 09 2021Newsletter / Do’s and Dont’sFall marks the “rentrée” in France: back to school and for many, back to the...
This month: Implementing Telework after the pandemic
Published on : 01/07/2021 01 July Jul 07 2021Newsletter / Do’s and Dont’sThe summer of 2021 brings promise and hope of a return to safety and normalcy...